cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9800 WLC - Wireles Country vs AP Country

shadowplay101
Level 1
Level 1

It seems the software 16.12.04 does not support the "wireless country US" command, but does support the "AP country US" command

17.03.03 supports both commands.

What is the difference between "wireless country" vs "ap country" ?

My existing wlc config only has "wireless country US" and seems to be working ok.

Is "AP country" not required?

Thanks 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

"wireless country US" The latter command provisions the list of allowed country codes on the controller,  whilst "ap country" can put an ap in a specific country provided the country code you choose is compatible with the regulatory domain of at least one of the access point’s radios. I presume this is an addon for cloud controllers needing to support ap's located in different regions of the world.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

AP Country means a WLC can have multiple APs with different Regulatory Domain.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

"wireless country US" The latter command provisions the list of allowed country codes on the controller,  whilst "ap country" can put an ap in a specific country provided the country code you choose is compatible with the regulatory domain of at least one of the access point’s radios. I presume this is an addon for cloud controllers needing to support ap's located in different regions of the world.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

AP Country means a WLC can have multiple APs with different Regulatory Domain.

Thanks - 

It seems the "ap country" this command requires both radios to be off before running the command

Can the "ap country" command be part of the config file (.cfg)?

I've included it and uploaded it and it doesn't seem to take

Thanks

- Check if this procedure can work : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/config-guide/b_wl_16_10_cg/country-codes.html#task_961D9041D6D54CFBA68D5B3717A33827

M.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card