cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Acceptable Use Policy Not Coming Up for Webauth

jmorton1
Level 1
Level 1

Attached are the settings we have for Web Auth and the signed certificate attached to the web auth. Before we attached the signed certificate and attached a hostname, users connecting to it would get redirected to 192.0.2.1.

Since there was no certificate, the person would first come up to a security error, proceed anyway, and then the Acceptable Use Page would come up to acknowledge. We wanted the AUP, but we did not want the security wanting to come up. In order to resolve this, we created a subdomain and created an A record to point it to 192.0.2.1, then created a certificate to point to the subdomain (Lets Encrypt does not allow you to create a certificate to point to an IP address; it has to be a hostname).

After doing this, users no longer get a security warning, but they also no longer get the Acceptable Use Policy. I tried switching the one setting between Consent, Webauth, and WebConsent, but it made no difference. Can anyone advise? Thank you.

5 Replies 5

Simon Blomqvist
Level 1
Level 1

You want to use consent for just AUP. I would probably enable HTTP server on the parameter-map, see if that helps.

I will try this and let you know. Thanks.

This unfortunately did not do the trick

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I quite often register a public CNAME pointing to the 192.0.2.1 IP address and then have the certificate for that CNAME

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I actually have done this already, which is what I was referring to in my original question when I stated "we created a subdomain and created an A record to point it to 192.0.2.1, then created a certificate to point to the subdomain".

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card