Views
Helpful
Replies

Access point are not coming up after upgrade image of WLC

Sunil Patil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have AIR-WLC4402-50-K9 WLC i that current IOS is 7.0.98.218 and i upgraded with 7.0.116.0 IOS but after upgrading and reboot the WLC from 15 access point 3 access point are not coming up and 12 are coing up and working fine (4 1142 and 11 1131 series access point) 3 which are not coimg is 1131 series access point. when i login with console to 3 access point its rebooting 2 times and coming on ap: prompt.

In between that i reloaded the WLC one more time because from 15 acess point only 4 aceess point are came up and i also cleck the show boot on wlc its output is

7.0.116.0 (default)

7.0.98.218 (active)

so i reload  the wlc and checked out of 15 acess point now 12 acess point are up and still 3 are not. And i also checked the output of show boot command its

7.0.116.0 (default)(active)

So i things its because of when 2nd time i reload the wlc the remaining 3 access point are getting image from wlc but because of reload its connection should be loss and error loading flash error are coming on acess point.

After that i recover the IOS for access point and convert into autonomus and from autonomus convert into Leightweight Access point. I also attached the procedure for recover the ios of access poing

But my question is why this 3 access point are not coming up is this happen's after upgrading wlc can any one please send me Step by Step WLC S/W Upgrade' process and if this this happens some time please send me any doccument related to this.

1 Reply 1

Kayle Miller
Level 7
Level 7

Sunil,

When you rebooted the controller did you do it from the Web GUI, the CLI, or did you physically reboot the controller? I believe and maybe incorrect but if your getting the ap:  < prompt > that means that there is no firmware on the unit. If you have restored these to functioning autonomous unit and then re-converted them to Lightweight and it's still happening then we need to look at a debug output of what is happening when those AP's attempt to join the controller.

The capture you attached shows that it appears to join the controller and get a config, but are you saying that when it reboots again it stops working?? the other thing I would reccomend is clear out the flash memory since your capture shows the possibility that there are several copies stored there.

Hope this helps.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card