cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

access points and mobility express setup?

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

i have:

2xAIR-AP3802E-E-K9

1-WS-2960X-24PS-L

i need to set two ap as standalone but im confused with the mobility express , do all ap have to be mobility express type or only one and the rest is lightweight  and the rest connect to the one mobility express which function as a controller? also if so does the mobility express ap have a different management ip in different subnet and the rest lightweight ap get ip from a different dhcp ip range?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
One has to be setup as ME controller. The others can have that image or capwap image as the first up is the master controller and the others will join. Try to follow the Mobility Express setup guide as that will explain it better.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

Here is a link that will explain the setup and how ME works. Should answer all your questions you have:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-2/b_Mobility_Express_Deployment_guide.html
-Scott

You can have them in the same subnet.
-Scott

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
One has to be setup as ME controller. The others can have that image or capwap image as the first up is the master controller and the others will join. Try to follow the Mobility Express setup guide as that will explain it better.
-Scott

also does the main mobility express need to have an ip address like a management ip address different from the other ap ip subnet that are going to join?

also please link me the guide as everything i checked so far only explain how to configure mobility on the ap not how other ap will join and how

Here is a link that will explain the setup and how ME works. Should answer all your questions you have:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-2/b_Mobility_Express_Deployment_guide.html
-Scott

thanks you for the link i have read it but it still didnt answer a major question in my case which is can the ME ap master and followers be in the same subnet as the users? or do i need another subnet? because the problem the customer have 1 vlan which is vlan 1 which have all the users and ap and dhcp?

You can have them in the same subnet.
-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card