Views
Helpful
Replies

access points at -5 temp

mirehteshamali
Level 1
Level 1

hi

1) i need info about which access points supports operating   temperatures as low as - 5 C (minus 5) .

2)  i guess all access points supports atleast 0 deg celcius operating temperature.

3)  for managing 30 access points do i " really " need a wcs . (  i mean will mangement becomes difficult without WCS. )

Thanks

plz reply soon

1 Reply 1

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps6521/product_data_sheet0900aecd8031c844.html

The 1242 datasheet says it operates until -20 C

It should be the same for most other access points. Check the datasheet of the ones that you find interesting.

Your 3rd question is a bit strange. WCS is useful to manage multiple CONTROLLERS.

So if you have 30 access points, you are best using lightweight access points and a controller. No particular need of WCS unless you want nice reporting and graphic features.

30 access points would be a pain to manage if you chose standalone access points without controller.

Hope this helps.

Nicolas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: