cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing 1522 AP GUI

JoelDarbro50834
Level 1
Level 1

I purchased an Aironet LAP1522AG-A-K9 access point.

i have not reset the unit but I believe it was unused. I have the AP powered up on dc power. The poe in port is plugged into my router. I see the AP up on my router utility with an IP 192.168.0.33 the router is 192.168.0.1

when I attempt to bring up 192.168.0.33  in a web browser on a computer on that lan, I get no response. Since this AP doesn’t have a console port, I’m not sure what to try.

any help will be greatly appreciated!

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Note that controller  based access points do not offer GUI access.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello, thanks for your reply. After reading it, I reviewed the Cisco guide and I see that the GUI resides on the wireless network controller. 

So, do I need a hardware wireless network controller to configure these 1522 APs? The guide also mentions a WCS software.

- A lightweight access point always needs a wireless-controller, CLI access is then possible if allowed for this AP on the controller (can be set individually or for all ap's managed by the controller). Virtual versions of cisco wireless controller exist too.

M. 

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks, I’m trying to figure this all out. I’d like to run 3 LAP1522s on my farm.

I am am looking at either a 4402 or 5508 WLC. Trying to decipher if they will work with the 1522s I have. I guess that is firmware version dependent. I saw that the 4402 has certificate expiration issues if you don’t have the firmware fix version which may be hard to find now.

I haven’t found if the 5508 has the command to disregard MIC expirations. I’m also a little confused on if the 5508 has a base license for a minimum number of APs. I will only have 3 APs.

- To disregard MIC expiration use the following command on the 5508 controller :

config ap cert-expiry-ignore {mic|ssc} enable

In general when looking at new controller software releases versus ap-compatibility have a look at :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html

M.

Thanks!

I might have questions on that when I get going. I settled on a 2504 WLC. Should have plenty of capability for my project.

Its coming with version 8.0 firmware which from the compatibility matrix should work with my 1522s if I’m reading it correctly.

i only plan to have one RAP Andy two MAPs. For that, it looks like the one RAP can connect directly to the 2504. 

Im hoping my existing router can connect to the WLC and provide DHCP.

im a little confused on the Management IP settings in Config. My network will be 192.168.0.0 router is on 192.168.0.1 when the AP was plugged into the router: It appeared the router assigned it an ip 192.168.0.33

Do the management ip settings need to be in the 192.168.0 network?

I know these are very basic questions, but your feedback has helped a lot.

thanks

joel

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card