cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adjusting the regulatory domain of wlc and APs

diwakar410
Level 1
Level 1

We have 5 APs currently working on regulatory domain C. We are adding 5 more APs and a WLC which has come in another regulatory domain as per my boss, he says it is H. 

Will there be issues operating in 2 different domains?

What can i do for making each and every APs and controller in same domain?

Please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Refer this document for more details about regulatory domains

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/access-points/product_data_sheet0900aecd80537b6a.html

Which country you deploying this AP, I hope it is in china (based on the above doc). As long as that country code is configured on WLC you should be fine.

If you configure two different country codes belong to two different regulatory domains (like Europe & America), then available channel & power level limited to lowest common value. 

In your case, I do not think you are configuring conflicting countries on your WLCs.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi

Refer this document for more details about regulatory domains

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/access-points/product_data_sheet0900aecd80537b6a.html

Which country you deploying this AP, I hope it is in china (based on the above doc). As long as that country code is configured on WLC you should be fine.

If you configure two different country codes belong to two different regulatory domains (like Europe & America), then available channel & power level limited to lowest common value. 

In your case, I do not think you are configuring conflicting countries on your WLCs.

HTH

Rasika

Thank you Rasika,

We are deploying in Nepal. As  there is no option of Nepal there so what do i do?

So as per what i read, there is no way to change regulatory domains in AP, i will have WLC then will the new APs and the one ones that i already have, perform correctly?

We are deploying in Nepal. As  there is no option of Nepal there so what do i do ?

In that case you can go with country code as "china" where -C & -H AP should work.

So as per what i read, there is no way to change regulatory domains in AP, i will have WLC then will the new APs and the one ones that i already have, perform correctly?

Yes, there is no way to change regulatory domain of an AP,if it manufactured for a specific reg domain. Yes, those new AP & old AP should work without any problem.

HTH

Rasika

Thank you so very much Rasika. I will work on it and if something pops up, i'll get back to you.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card