cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Affect on Users When Adding SSID to AP Group

kevinyamada
Level 1
Level 1

I just created an AP group for the first time on my 4402 controller.  When I went to add an SSID to the group, it says it will disable the WLAN.  Does that mean all users on that SSID will be disconnected?  How long would the loss of connectivity last typically?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Kevin,

The wireless for an SSID will glitch only if you make a change to that WLAN, not by adding it to an AP Group, unless you remove it.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Adding an SSID to an existing AP Group will not affect the wireless.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Kevin,

The wireless for an SSID will glitch only if you make a change to that WLAN, not by adding it to an AP Group, unless you remove it.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Good to know, thanks!   I guess the WLC is assuming I'm making changes when I try to add the SSID to the group.

Yeah... I add and delete ssids' all the time for testing.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: