cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

After resetting 350 to default, only default username & pass works

srokusek
Level 1
Level 1

Any ideas why only the default username and password works on a 350 access point after resetting it to factory defaults? I am having the same problem with a 1200 AP. Even after I have deleted the Cisco username and put in the ones that we want, only Cisco & Cisco work. Both of the AP's are using 12.2(15)JA.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sonia

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

maybe you have chosen default authentication by global password (security->admin access-> administrator authenticated by: default authentication) and you should choose local user list (administrator authenticated by: local user list only).

Srdja

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

srdja
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco/Cisco is factory default, so if you reset AP1200 to factory default this is only username/password on access point. You can change username/password combination with IOS CLI and web (security -> admin access).

Good Luck,

Srdja

I have tried to create new accounts, they don't work. The only username/password that works is the Cisco/Cisco one. Even after I have deleted it.

Any other ideas?

Sonia

maybe you have chosen default authentication by global password (security->admin access-> administrator authenticated by: default authentication) and you should choose local user list (administrator authenticated by: local user list only).

Srdja

That was it on both of them! THANK YOU! These forums are a great way for all users to help themselves!

Thanks again!

Sonia

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card