cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Insider User Research program

Labels

Forum Posts

It was my understanding the PEAP created an SSL tunnel for transmitting ALL of the user credentials. When I capture a PEAP authentication with my sniffer the user ID is passed in the clear. Is this normal or do I have something configured wrong?

rsumpter by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Can anyone explain the difference between the Broadcast and Session Key ?When using an EAP authentication scheme, that would provide dynamic WEP Keys, Is it necassary to enable "Broadcast key rotation" on the Access Point ?What advantage would it ...

mnlatif by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am using 802.11a/b/g cards and AP1200 v12.2(15)JA. I have have PEAP enabled.I seem to have issues roaming from one access point to the other. My signal can go to poor even when i am sitting just below a 2nd access point. Then eventually it will ass...

hogoqo by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 1200 APs running 2 SSIDs. One SSID is using EAP and the 2nd SSID is using static WEP. Before i enaqbled WEP everything seemed to be running Okay. With WEP enabled i am kind of getting mixed results. One thing i have noticed i am getting a lot ...

hogoqo by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 3 AP operating on CH 1 6 11When mine client it is connected to AP with CH 1, I have slow performance but I have verified the quality and Strength of the signal and I see a Excellent value.In the statistics page of the ACU and in the AP Radio P...

I am trying to authenticate users in a Steel-Belted-Radius (Funk Software) using LEAP and i am having problems when a specific users belongs to more than one windows domain group.I configured the three groups in SBR and set the PrequalifyChecklist to...

Given an access point *not* broadcasting SSID, can clients authenticate without knowing the SSID?Background: I installed a point-to-point bridge almost 2 years ago, using AR350s. SSID broadcast is disabled. Suddenly a few weeks ago, the logs of th...

bhalco by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have one wlan with lots of Cisco AP1121G (IOS 12.2(15)JA). The wireless clients authentication in based in Radius Server (Radiator) using 802.1x with EAP-TTLS.For infraestructure management i have the WLSE Appliance (WLSE-2.7u firmware).To ta...

nuno by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone,I have some Intel clients running on a Cisco 1200 backbone that would roam only after loosing the connection with the current AP. I know the Intel driver is not flawless but what can I do to get the best from my AP's at least? That in ter...

melisei by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am trying to setup two VLANs from the Aironet 1100 AP to the Baystack 420 switch. One VLAN will take domains users and the other will take guests. Authentication is taking place with a Radius server and everything works great until I configure...

HiSorry, me again.This may appear like a strange question, but has anyone experienced problems with the new Cisco tri-mode cards getting an IP address via DHCP after successful authentication? The reason that I ask is that our client has recently pur...

I have a second WLAN implmentation underway. We have 5 APs and a Cisco 3550 switch. I have deleted all the default vlans / ssids from the IOS AP1200 ver 12.2 and then created two new ones:SSID GUEST associated to VLAN 10 NativeSSID Engineer associate...