cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-ANT2566P4W-R orientation

aleopoldie
Level 3
Level 3
Hello experts, I have a doubt concerning the orientation of the antenna 2566P4W-R. When you look at the azimuth for example (regarding to the patterns in attachement), do I have to consider the antenna horizontally or vertically ? I see the difference for an omnidirectional antenna, but I'm having doubts for directionals. Thank you,
6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
An omni antenna is always placed horizontal and a patchy id positioned vertical when looking at the azimuth and elevation.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hello Scott,

I mean, there is a difference between azimuth and elevation, so for a directional antenna, should it be something like :

Azimuth:

Antenna2566-position.png

Elevation:

Antenna2566-V.png

Or the contrary ?

It's the other way around.
The way I remember is "elevation" sounds like an "elevator" which goes up and down (unless you're thinking about the elevators in the Luxor).

The other way around ? Are you sure ? 

If we consider azimuth as horizontal, what I put on my previous post was correct, wasn't it ?

Both are considered vertically positioned. Horizontal is when the patch is laying down eithe on the back or front. 

Antennas should always have the cabling downward especially if mounted outside. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The antenna needs to mounted against a flat wall surface.  So which one is the front & the back?  There should be a yellow sticker to state which is the front and the back. 

Next, see the wire?  Wire should be pointing to the ground.  This is very important to ensure prevent water ingress.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card