Views
Helpful
Replies

air-ap1262n bridge wap321

blconsult2277
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

My current setup is an AP1262n located ~400 feet from my WAP321. I would like to take the wireless signal coming from the AP1262n and rebroadcast it using a WAP321. Can someone help me with the configuration setting on these two devices.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Paul

I don't believe that the 321 is able to connect in bridge or repeater mode to a 1262. The 321 access point is more small business while the 1262 is more enterprise. In order to support repeater or bridge mode on a 1262 AccessPoint advanced configuration settings like Aironet extensions are needed which I don't think the 321 AccessPoint supports.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

400' might be pushing it, but why not just setup the 1262 as an access point and use the wap321 as a repeater if it supports that. Not really suggested because performance will be poor, but if your okay with it, that would be the only way. You could always get another 1262 and setup one as an ap and the other as a WGB (workgroup bridge).

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card