Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-AP1572IC3-E-K9 no console access

OmarDIDA08
Level 1
Level 1

Hi awesome geeks!

been trying to access that AP via console port, in order to make the first config ( autonomous ) using putty;

Baudrate:9600

Data: 8 bit

Parity: none

Stop: 1bit

Flow control: Xon/Xoff & none ( tried both )

But nothing works.. So i appraciate your help!!

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Verify your 'operator-putty' configuration by accessing another cisco console device (too) /e.g.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanx marce1000 for the replay! i have already accessed a catalyst 2960 and it works fine. any other suggestions?

- When doing a cold start of the AP (power it off and on again ) ; press the space bar at regular intervals ; check whether this will lead to any output being displayed.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

A222.png

display after a minute of doing so

- Strange , try a factory defaults reset (anyway) of the AP , 

M.

robertQ
Level 1
Level 1

Did u get an output on Console?

Do u have a solutuion?

@robertQ this is almost always a cable problem - many cables are not compatible with Cisco APs.  Generally those based on genuine (there are counterfeits out there too) FTDI chipset will work.
This one works for me: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MYQPYKR
If you can get the same one - get that.  If not then at least get one with genuine FTDI chipset and check reviews for mention of Cisco APs specifically.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card