cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-AP1832I-D-K9 Not associating with 2504 but AIR-AP1832I-E-K9 Does.

Yashod
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

There's an issue with AIR-AP1832I-D-K9 model ap not connecting to the WLC. When the AP connects to the WLC it goes through the discovery process 1st and joins then immediately shows DTLS teardown. In the same WLC AIR-AP1832I-E-K9, AIR-AP1832I-A-K9, and AIR-CAP1702I-E-K9 models work fine.

WLC Software version is  8.5.110.0

There is no issue with the IP address. Have checked several times. set the correct NTP also.

Yashod_0-1667226597706.png

Yashod_1-1667226617910.png

Not joining AP details

[*10/31/2022 13:40:13.4355]

Processor board ID KWC24210LFB

AP Running Image     : 8.5.110.0

Primary Boot Image   : 8.5.110.0

Backup Boot Image    : 8.5.140.0

Please help me this matter. Stuck here for days now

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check if that Regulatory Domain (-D = India) , is supported and or configured on the controller.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks for the quick response.

Could you please tell me the steps to change the Regulatory Domain in the WLC? I'm still new to this field.

In the WLC the following AP are connected. And those shouldn't be disconnected also.

Yashod_0-1667288494649.png

Thanks!

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-5/config-guide/b_cg85/country_codes.html#ID3428

Note however in your case you can't simply change to one country (-D-) code because then the -E- access points will no longer be able to connect but if you configure two different country codes belong to two different regulatory domains , then available channel & power level limited to lowest common value. 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rich R
VIP
VIP

> "tell me the steps to change the Regulatory Domain in the WLC"
The regulatory domain is fixed in the AP hardware according to the AP part number and cannot be changed.
The WLC must be configured for the correct country which matches the AP regulatory domain.
Refer to https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/assets/prod/wireless/wireless-compliance-tool/index.html for reg domain details for each AP model.

Also note that in most countries using an AP from the wrong regulatory domain is illegal.

Yashod
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, both. Still, they didn't give me a remote to do the changes. I'll update once it's done.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card