Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-AP2802I-A-K9 low performance

reza-koohi
Level 1
Level 1

hi all

i have about 10 AIR-AP2802I-A-K9 and a WLC 5508 with software version 8.2.151.0.

all the AP's are joined and working but the performance (download, upload speed) are very poor and never going more than 2-3 mb/s. i must say i have some 1700 series in that controller and they work great! 

any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@reza-koohi wrote:
datarate is about 2-3 mb/s

Disable data rates from 1- to 11 Mbps.  Make 12 Mbps Mandatory and the rest are Supported.  Do this to both 802.11a and 802.11b radio.

@reza-koohi wrote:
the speed is good in coverage of the 1700 models. its not acceptable in the area the 2802s are covering

Each AP model behaves differently.  What if you've got an iPhone 4 and you were connected to 802.11b plus you've got co-channel interference.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the data rates was the wireless client connected to? 

What radio was the wireless client connected to? 

What is the model of the wireless NIC of the client and what is the driver of the wireless NIC running on?

the radios are all the 2802 models.
the device i tested the speed is my Iphone.
the speed is good in coverage of the 1700 models. its not acceptable in the area the 2802s are covering

@reza-koohi wrote:

Disable data rates from 1- to 11 Mbps.  Make 12 Mbps Mandatory and the rest are Supported.  Do this to both 802.11a and 802.11b radio.

@reza-koohi wrote:

Each AP model behaves differently.  What if you've got an iPhone 4 and you were connected to 802.11b plus you've got co-channel interference.  

thanks 

let me check and i will send back the results.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card