Views
Helpful
Replies

Air-Ap3802E-E-K9

dgljohnny
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have a 3802E AP currently running CAPWAP that I need to convert to Mobility Express. I have checked relevant suggestions and documentation from Cisco for steps. 

Below is the version of software running on it(see picture).

I am unable to run the "AP-type mobility-express" command. There are only two commands available for 'AP-type', as seen below.

I have the latest mobility software downloaded, the TFTP server setup, this was supposed to be a short operation before I ran into this issue. I do not see this issue addressed anywhere yet. We just want to convert this AP to mobility express and use it without any controller.

Anyone with suggestions please?

AP-TYPE optionsAP-TYPE optionsShow version outputShow version output

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- I am not entirely sure if this is still possible if the AP has been connected to an XE based on a 9800 controller (looking at the software version it is running). Could you try and install an aireos based capwap image first (>8.3) and try again ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- I am not entirely sure if this is still possible if the AP has been connected to an XE based on a 9800 controller (looking at the software version it is running). Could you try and install an aireos based capwap image first (>8.3) and try again ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi, thanks for taking the time.

I will try this suggestion and see how it works certainly. I have never encountered this in the past(AP with conversion options for CAPWAP and Workgroup only). I will let you know the outcome.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Agreed with @marce1000 
Install https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286304536/type/286288051/release/15.3.3-JK10 and then try to convert to https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286304536/type/286289839/release/8.10.190.0

dgljohnny
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you both, the suggestions have worked and the AP is now converted and working correctly.

Thanks for taking the time.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card