Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-CAP1532E-E-K9 can i join this to WLC 5508

CSCO11015742
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

I have a AIR-CAP1532E-E-K9 AP can i join this WLC 5508 and use it as a normal AP, i mean to connect the laptops , i see in cisco site it shows as outdoor access point, what is a outdoor access point ??

regards,

andy.

6 Replies 6

Yes, you can.

Here are the different outdoor AP models Cisco offer. These are not designed to install inside buildings (indoor) & target to give WiFi coverage outsie environment

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/wireless/buyers-guide.html#~outdoor

Regarding 5508 compatibility, check this link and make sure your 5508 has right software image (min 7.6.100.0 or above) I would suggest 8.0.121.0.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html#56735

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Hello Rasika,

Thanks for your support, i beleive i need 7.6.100.0 above software to register this, 

i have another issue, in our plant we use 2600 series access points for wifi connectivity, now vendor has suggested this AIR-CAP1532E-E-K9 outdoor access points for warehouse area, i just would like to know is it works same like 2600 i mean can we use it to connect the clients, i saw lot of docs which says this model is only used for P2P brdige conenctivity, my purpose here is to use them for better range in warehouse to connect the laptops and othe barcode handheld devices.

Thanks,

Andy.

Yes Minimum should be 7.6.100.0 vesrion on WLC. But as Rasika mention to use stable version (8.0.121.0) would be a better option.

I would never use outdoor AP for indoor area and cisco also dont recommand that.

But if have alredy baught it then ofcourse you can use it.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Thanks sandeep and rasika, i will update the WLC to (8.0.121.0) ..

We placed the order for AIR-CAP1532E-E-K9, and AP's already arrived but its in the custom clearence, i checked with the vendor he said he cannot return it...

My only last doubt is if i use  AIR-CAP1532E-E-K9 as a indoor access point will it provide better coverage than 2600 series AP's.

The other reason to use this AP is the area where we are going to install is a warehouse temprature also rises to 50 degree C. so the vendor suggested to use 1530 series.

Thanks,

Andy.

i just would like to know is it works same like 2600 i mean can we use it to connect the clients, i saw lot of docs which says this model is only used for P2P brdige conenctivity, my purpose here is to use them for better range in warehouse to connect the laptops and othe barcode handheld devices.

No problem with that, you can use 1532 for normal client connectivity as well as P2P bridges. Make sure you get these 1532 AP with normal recovery image (rather mesh image). So you can directly use with your 5508 rather additional step of converting these AP from bridge mode to Local mode.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all uesful responses ***

thanks .. i will check if it has a normal recovery image.. if not there is a option to upgrade the ios sw right..

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card