cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-CAP2602I-A-K9 convert to Autonomous mode with out service contract

28code
Level 1
Level 1

so i have air-cap2602i-a-k9 and as a student i got it off fb marketplace to add to my homelab to learn and would like to put it in autonomous mode [reason to do that is it has a login and i do not know so tried resetting it and according to other post and vids i need some iso file and send it using tftp ] i do not know what file only thing i found was one of old post in this forum suggesting this https://software.cisco.com/download/home/284362257/type/284180979/release/15.2.4-JB5 and for that i need a service contract which i do not know how to get or what to do 
plz help let me know if there are any other methods to get this ap reset and working or what file i would need

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>....plz help let me know if there are any other methods to get this ap reset and working or what file i would need
  - There are not , you need a service contract to download the needed image ; as far as investing and or 'time invest' and related cost you will be cheaper off by looking into wifi products for the home market , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

well like to start of with thx for the reply and i know its cheaper just buying a home ap.....but i already have a good home wifi setup as i mentioned making a homelab and this is the part of it and for learning 

thx.

Hi @28code 

Do you have a console cable and are you able to connect to the AP ? First thing you need to check is if the AP actually need a new IOS or not.

yes i do have access to the console with a cable i will go home and add to this post on what i get when i reset but let me know what info you will need to find if i need a new iso is needed or not.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

The latest IOS is actually https://software.cisco.com/download/home/284362257/type/284180979/release/15.3.3-JF15

FYI: The IOS is a tar file not an ISO.

If it has no bootable IOS search "cisco ap rommon recovery" for plenty of guides on how to load a new bootable image.
If it already has a bootable image you can just do a factory default reset on it (using the mode button) to erase the config which will reset the password to out of box factory default.  Then you can login and use TFTP to download the new image.

Yes, you need a contract to download the software but sometimes you can get lucky by searching for the file name.

Factory default reset using the mode button will reset the AP to Cisco default out-of-the-box credentials which depend on the model and software version.  Usually the default login is Cisco and the default password is Cisco (both case sensitive).
See https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/how-to-restore-the-factory-settings/m-p/1991303/highlight/true#M180209

Cisco software is licensed so most of it is only available to download if you have a support contract.  If you know the name of the file you need you can try searching for it and sometimes you might get lucky.  You could also contact whoever you bought the AP from as they might have access.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card