Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-CAP2702I-A-K9 not connecting to WLC 2504 after power cut

moorpark
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Short expalnation to issue, after power cut Some APs not joined to WLC. But 4 of them joined. Any suggestions would be great.Best wishes

9 Replies 9

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- As stated , a power outage is irregular. You then need to restart the APs again  when the power feed is solid,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi @marce,

thank you so much for reply and Its all POE and i have done a few off them but nothing change. But firstly only 3 was down (after replace patchpanel keystone jack) then i loging web gui on to WLC i see time was 10hr different then i corrected then reboot from section of WLC command-Reboot-reboot without Save then nothing did same proces Save and Reboot again nothing then i have disconect WLc from power outlet then power up this time only 4 joined/connected rest of them disconect/not joined pls see picture of it. thank you in advance. Ps I am not the IT pro.

- The software version on the controller is way to old as per https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/wireless-lan-controller-software/200046-tac-recommended-aireos.html
    you should use https://software.cisco.com/download/specialrelease/9a6a7cf84f9fdf04b95c76e2ac7820e7

Because there is a reasonable chance that in between corticates of APs got expired after a long uptime before
   Then according to https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/639/fn63942.html
  You can use command as in : ap cert-expiry-ignore {mic|ssc} enable

You don't have these commands available in 8.0

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi,

Certificate issues? Are you able to connect to the AP serial console and check messages?

Hi Konstantin,

Thank you so much for this and I can connect Via web and also via Putty on to WLC 2504. How i can check certificate. Ps: I m not IT pro. thank you so much on advance

OK, let's start from the easiest point... Do you have a physical view to you AP that did not join? Any led indication (on or off ?

Are these APs connected to the same network switch as working ones?

Thanks, All shows Staedy Green and and connected different cisco switches (so every switch first 4 port configured for APs). So 2 working one same switch other different switch. And also my understanding at the same 1.switch 4 APs connected 2 works/joined 2 not,  2.switch 4 APs connected 1 works/joined 3 not, 3.swithc 2 APs connected 1 works/joined 1 not, and rest of them shows with green lights not joined except 2APs "AP Name" shows N/A at the WLC web loging page.(After tried Reset - disconnect AP from power (PoE) press and hold 'mode' button while reconnect - hold mode button until LED turns continuous red). Thank you so much.

adamrez318
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

It sounds like the issue may be related to the APs not being able to reconnect to the WLC after the power cut. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

1. Check Network Connectivity: Ensure that the network connection between the APs and the WLC is intact. Verify that the APs have IP connectivity to the WLC.

2. Power Cycle the APs: Try restarting the APs that did not rejoin the WLC. Sometimes a simple reboot can help them reconnect.

3. Verify AP Configurations: Make sure that the APs have the correct configuration settings (e.g., SSID, security settings, and network settings) to connect to the WLC.

4. Check WLC Logs: Review the WLC logs for any errors or messages related to the APs that are not joining. This can provide clues as to what might be causing the issue.

5. Compare Working and Non-Working APs: Since some APs are joining the WLC, compare the settings and statuses of the working APs with those that are not to identify any discrepancies.

If the issue persists, you might want to check if there's a firmware update available for the APs or WLC, or contact support for further assistance.

@adamrez318  And to me it looks you are on an AI based response track ?

M.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card