Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-CAP3702P

Cristian Garcia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an AP 3702P with lightweight IOS when connecting to a Layer 3 switch,  it working well, but when connecting to Level 2 switch it doesn't work, the interface does not change to UP, and the interface of the switch is like unconnected.

Anybody know what happened????,

Best regards, 

Cristian

14 Replies 14

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Patch cable faulty?

Port in error-disable? 

Thanks Leo for reply,

The clables are good because the same cables used to connect to layer 3 switch and the AP work fine.

The interface status isn't in err-disable but the interface appear like unconnected. An the AP take the interface bvi1 in down.

Is possible that these type of AP only work with layer 3 switches????

Best regards,

Cristian 

The cables are good because the same cables used to connect to layer 3 switch and the AP work fine.

If the Layer 2 switch is Cisco, check and see if supports TDR.

Is possible that these type of AP only work with layer 3 switches????

Not possible.  The AP will support Layer 2 &/or Layer 3 switches as long as they are configured correctly.

What switch model is it. Maybe not supplying PoE?  Leo is right about layer 2 should be no issue.

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts *** 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I will check about TDR. The switch is a catalyst 2960X, it isn't PoE the same case for the switch 3850,  but I have a power inyector for this AP.

What is the exact IOS version of the 2960X.  Early IOS versions do NOT support TDR.

Sorry, I have made a mistake about the model of the switch. The switch is the 2960s-24-TDL and the IOS version is c2960s-universalk9-mz.122-55.SE8.

2960S supports TDR.  

And so what is the problem???

And so what is the problem???

I believe we are waiting for someone to run a TDR to test the integrity of the cable.

Hi Leo,

Below, you can see the result of outcome.

Interface      Speed       Local pair        Pair length           Remote pair                       Pair status
---------           -----         ----------       ------------------       -----------                    --------------------
Gi1/0/11         auto           Pair A         14       +/- 0 meters     N/A                                Normal
                                        Pair B         14       +/- 0 meters     N/A                                Normal
                                        Pair C         13       +/- 1 meters     N/A                                Open
                                        Pair D         13       +/- 1 meters     N/A                                Open

Pair "C" is PoE but since you've got an injector, it's OK to ignore. 

Pair "D" is GigabitEthernet.  This means the AP will only operate at 100 Mbps. 

Now, INJECTOR.  This TDR only tests from the switch port to the injector.  The link from the injector to the AP hasn't been tested yet.

The link test from the AP to PoE is not possible because the IOS lightweight doesn't have the command test.

The link test from the AP to PoE is not possible because the IOS lightweight doesn't have the command test.

My link to "How To Use TDR" specifically mentions that APs DO NOT support TDR (for obvious reasons).

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card