cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-CT2504-5-K9 compatible access points?

useadelhi
Level 1
Level 1

I can't find the list of compatible access points with AIR-CT2504-5-K9 network controller.

• Are these compatible:

AIR-CAP702W-x-K9 - Dual-band controller-based 802.11a/g/n

AIR-CAP702I-x-K9 - Dual-band controller-based 802.11a/g/n

AIR-SAP702I-x-K9 - Dual-band stand-alone 802.11a/g/n (do stand-alone WAP work with controllers?)

• I also can't find the number of concurrent connections that these WAP can support.
  • Which is better 702W or 702I?
3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I can't find the list of compatible access points with AIR-CT2504-5-K9 network controller.

Depends on what firmware the controller is running on.   Read the Release Notes for Cisco Wireless Controllers and Lightweight Access Points for Cisco Wireless Release 8.1.111.0.

I also can't find the number of concurrent connections that these WAP can support.

There won't be.  There are a lot of factors to consider before anyone can give an answer.  It's not an easy answer.

Thanks for the link, so if I got it correctly the firmware is common across WLC and WAP?

Regarding the no of connections, http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/wireless/aironet-1850-series-access-points/index.html does mention it. I presume even the WAP like 702I/W should be able to support 50 connections?

Also any idea about the area (radius) they can cover fairly well?

Regarding the no of connections, http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/wireless/aironet-1850-series-access-points/index.html does mention it.

The Data Sheet was written by the MARKETING team but I am speaking in TECHNICAL terms.  

In an ideal world, you can connect >1000 users per AP ... as long as there is NO TRAFFIC passing.  

Also any idea about the area (radius) they can cover fairly well?

By default, and if you're living on the moon, you can get about 45 to 50 metres wireless coverage (802.11b) in a single direction.  Again, this is purely speaking in MARKETING/SALES kind of language.  

I presume even the WAP like 702I/W should be able to support 50 connections?

Marketing/Sales speaking, yes.  The AP can support >50 wireless clients.  

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card