cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-LAP1142N-A-K9 factory reset

jservay8574024
Level 1
Level 1
I am looking for the factory reset procedures for a Cisco Aironet AIR-LAP1142N-A-K9?  I tried the usual procedures without success. I do not have the login credentials or secret password.  
17 Replies 17

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

To reset the AP, try these steps:

Step 1 Disconnect power from access point.

Step 2 Press and hold MODE button while you reconnect power to the access point.

Step 3 Hold the MODE button until the status LED turns amber, and release the button.

Step 4 After the access point reboots, you must reconfigure the access point by using the Web-browser interface or the CLI.

default username and password is Cisco(Case sensitive).

hope it helps.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

hi i have all time red why

Good Day,

I also need to follow Sandeep's Factory Reset procedure, however my AP in question are joined to a WLC therefore it's lightweight - if I do the Factory reset will it keep the Lightweight Firmware / iOS? 

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can restore the access point to its factory defaults by unplugging the power jack and plugging it back in while holding the Mode button down until the Ethernet LED turns amber (approximately 2 to 3 seconds).

Enter the username Cisco and password Cisco. The username and password are case sensitive. http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/1140/autonomous/getting_started/guide/ap1140aut_getstart.html#wp40057

I already did the reset but it does not enable the web interface, it is getting the ip and I have already identified it in the network but it seems that the web interface is disabled

wagner@fioritec.com.br

I already did the reset but it does not enable the web interface, it is getting the ip and I have already identified it in the network but it seems that the web interface is disabled

Você já fez o reset mas não habilitou uma interface web, ele está pegando o ip já está na rede mas parece que a interface web está desabilitada

Moin Ilyas
Level 4
Level 4

To clear the access point’s configuration, enter the clear ap config Cisco_AP command on the controller CLI. Entering this command does not clear the static IP address of the access point. Once the access point rejoins a controller, it adopts the default Cisco/Cisco username and password.

Telnet / SSH to the IP address, conf t - ip http server - end. That should enable the http server on the AP if I remember correctly.

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can reset your Aironet 1142N to factory default by 2 methods

The first method is to remove the power (adapter or the ethernet adapter when the device get its power by PoE)

Press the mode button and reconnect the power. Hold the mode button for at least 2 seconds when its powering on.

The second method is by the CLI (Telnet or Console port) in enable mode execute the following commands

write erase

reload (and confirm)

I have the same problem  I have the AIR-LAP1142N-E-K9

I have managed to Get default username and password (Cisco/Cisco)

However I am unable to reset using SSH

When I run clear ap config I just get the following

AP#clear ap config
               ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

To make matters worse I can not access the GUI via HTTP

It keeps repeating the following:

*Mar 1 00:08:26.153: %CAPWAP-3-DHCP_RENEW: Could not discover WLC using DHCP IP. Renewing DHCP IP.
*Mar 1 00:08:29.167: %CAPWAP-3-ERRORLOG: Invalid event 38 & state 2 combination.
*Mar 1 00:08:29.281: %DHCP-6-ADDRESS_ASSIGN: Interface BVI1 assigned DHCP address 192.168.0.126, mask 255.255.255.0, hostname APa44c.1181.dd41

Translating "CISCO-CAPWAP-CONTROLLER"...domain server (192.168.0.2)

*Mar 1 00:08:37.154: %CAPWAP-3-ERRORLOG: Did not get log server settings from DHCP.
*Mar 1 00:08:37.156: %CAPWAP-3-ERRORLOG: Could Not resolve CISCO-CAPWAP-CONTROLLER
Not in Bound state.
*Mar 1 00:09:22.166: %CAPWAP-3-DHCP_RENEW: Could not discover WLC using DHCP IP. Renewing DHCP IP.
*Mar 1 00:09:25.179: %CAPWAP-3-ERRORLOG: Invalid event 38 & state 2 combination.
*Mar 1 00:09:25.295: %DHCP-6-ADDRESS_ASSIGN: Interface BVI1 assigned DHCP address 192.168.0.126, mask 255.255.255.0, hostname APa44c.1181.dd41

Translating "CISCO-CAPWAP-CONTROLLER"...domain server (192.168.0.2)

It is using the following image:

flash:/c1140-k9w8-mx.152-2.JB2/c1140-k9w8-mx.152-2.JB2

Well the image you have is lightweight which means it will require a controller. The easiest way to reset an ap is to hold the mode button down for 20 seconds while you are powering up the ap. The led will turn red and the ap will be factory default.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Yes this would have been the easiest option however when I hold  the mode button for 20sec the right light starts flashing constantly and never stops.

I unplug POE cable power goes off and then I plug back in. Then I face the same issue.

I think it is recovering from a remote image or backup?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card