cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-MNT-ART1 angle with C9124AXD

arjen E
Level 1
Level 1

The AIR-MNT-ART1 can be used to mount the AP ot the ceiling in a horizontal plane:

(https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/9124ax/install-guide/b-hig-9124ax/installation-overview.html#ap_horizontal_wall_mount)

In my case, i want to mount the AIR-MNT-ART1 to the ceiling and change the angle (to about 30-45degrees) and attach the C9124AXD (with build in directional antenna). 

Is there enough space between the C9124AXD and the ceiling with this mount unit to create this angle ?

Regards,

Arjen.

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

NOTE:  AIR-MNT-ART1 & AIR-ACC1530-PMK2 are the same model.  Different SKU for sales reasons.

AIR-MNT-ART1 can only angle the antenna in a single direction:  Either horizontal or vertical.  

Depending on the application, we have used AIR-MNT-ART1 against the wall and we have not encountered any problem. 

arjen E
Level 1
Level 1

@Leo Laohoo Thanks for your quick response ! 

The AIR-MNT-ART1 can only be used in 2 directions. :-(.  Is there a outdoor bracket available for the C9124AXD with other possible angles ?  Is the best solution a C9124AXE with external directional antenna?...

@arjen E wrote:
The AIR-MNT-ART1 can only be used in 2 directions. 

No, AIR-MNT-ART1 can only support one direction:  Either vertical or horizontal. 

We are using AccelTex's articulated arm because this model can support two directions. 

https://www.acceltex.com/shop/cisco-air-ant2566d4m-r-patch-antenna-articulating-mount/

The AIR-MNT-ART1 says it can adjust on the vertical plane, so I would guess it should handle the 30-45 degrees, but I can't fins anything specific so if anyone has one to verify. I have also used Acceltex and they have been good for what I have done

arjen E
Level 1
Level 1

The AIR-MNT-AIR1 does it fit on the C9124AXI , C9124AXD and the C9124AXE ?  It is not very clearly described in the documentation.

@arjen E wrote:
The AIR-MNT-AIR1 does it fit on the C9124AXI , C9124AXD and the C9124AXE ?

It does.  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card