Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR PROVISION

liboucher
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, 

I have been trying to prime an IW3702 UX AP for a week now with every device I have found ( iphone, android, tablets...) but none worked and I had a different error each time.

My question is , does this app still work with nowadays devices? Is there another way to have my universal AP turn European ?

Thank you so much for any help you can give me.

Lionel

7 Replies 7

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did AP join to WLC ?

If yes then follow this doc:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/ux-ap/guide/uxap-mobapp-g.html#79882

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Hi Sandeep, 

Thank yo for your reply.

This is exactly the document I have been following from the beginning. My AP is meant to work in autonomous mode. 

After so many failure, we thought to have it changed to lightweight AP and associate to our lab WLC, but reading the documentation, I would still have to use Air Provision so we thought there was no point.

Have you managed to prime your AP successfully with this app ?

Yes It did with the APP and worked like a charm.

1. Join AP to WLC

2. Create a wlan on WLC with a name "universal" and enable the "universal admin"

3. Connect your iphone/android device to wlan (Must have internet access!!)

4. ....etc

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Ok, I will try on a WLC this afternoon and post the result

OK, tried the lightweight and WLC plan : not better.

The application is not working whatever device I use.

Contacting TAC or I'll break something from frustration.

Thanks anyway for the reply

Lionel.

Lets us know the answer of TAC.

Thanks

Wonder if you got it to work, as I have been using the app to provision and the only issue I have is the credential for the AP. Sometimes you can just use the default and other times you might have to specify the username/password on the controller for AP's and use that.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card