Views
Helpful
Replies

Air Sap 2602

vitor.oliveira1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a trouble to configure the CISCO radio Air sap 2602, I need make a link between 2 radios, but I can't use like a repeater, because I need use the ethernet port, can I put a radio like access point and another like a client? if yes, how can I do it in the configuration? If not what can I do to make a conection and use the ethernet port? I don't know how to put the configuration as a client.

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Vitor,

Take a look at this document as it also goes over bridge configuration, which you are trying to accomplish.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/61936/autonomous-ap-and-bridge-basic-configuration-template

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just to add clarification. 

There are 2 types of bridges. 

WGB - Work Group Bridge 

-Cisco

-Universal 

Workgroup bridges are typically used for end client devices and act as a wireless NIC.

PTP - Point to Point Bridge 

PTP bridges connect two networks together .. 

Scoot points out the config for PTP

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

When I put Workgroup, the channel was turning  off in the same time. Why is it happened? My two radios, must they be configured as workgroup? Or just one as workgroup and another as a Access Point?

So are you trying to connect 2 buildings together or add connective to a wired device?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin