Views
Helpful
Replies

AireOS WLC configure - Current Tx Power Level for all APs

Peter Setaffy
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all, 

Can you please help me how can I configure globally Tx Power Level Assignment to Assignment Method: Global for all connected APs? I neeed to have all APs configured dynamicaly 

I have on AireOS WLCs a lot of APs where are configured this level to some value (for example 3) from other last admin.

PeterSetaffy_1-1693488960506.png

I tried change it via cli with command: config 802.11b txPower global auto and also 802.11a txPower global auto but without any change for APs.
Thank you for your help.

4 Replies 4

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

RRM algorithm command the channel and TX Power change so you need to force it to run manually for every network:

JPavonM_0-1693492444525.png

This force config don't work. I tried use it but without any change for radios on APs.

Peter Setaffy
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

Does anyone have a tip how can I configure via CLI globally Tx Power Level Assignment to Assignment Method: Global for all connected APs? I neeed to have all APs configured to AUTO

Thank you

Peter

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

As far as the radio TX power would be managed by Cisco RRM algorythm, and if the current min and max thresholds are configured to provider wider options for the algorithm to select from, if the AI sees other multiple APs in the same area, it adapts the power to that scenario.

The only option here would be to set min TX power at the value you want APs to be, and max to the value your lowest capable device can transmit (and this could be in the range 11-14 dBm).

I use to set this thresholds only one power level apart, so for example min=8, max=11, or min=11,max=14, but it is not always the same config for all offices so use RF Profiles to do this and assign APs on the same building/site to a WLAN group and then assign the RF profile to that group.

And remember to always validate your deployment with a site survey not to bleed radio signal at areas you don't want, or to increase contention due to CCI.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card