cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1142N

animedreamer
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have a simple configuration for the Aironet 1142N?  Optimally, I would like to place 802.11b/g traffic on the 2.4 GHz band and 802.11n traffic on the 5 GHz band.  Any assistance with this is most appreciated.

Thank you,

Vincent                 

2 Replies 2

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Vincent,

Welcome to CSC.

Below is a link for a basic autonmous config.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008055c39a.shtml

When you configure 802.11n you need to insure you are using WPA2/AES and WMM enable.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thanks, but do you have an example that shows the raw IOS output?  I have to configure several of these and rather not have to do it via the GUI.

Also, is there any more current documentation?  The example indicated walks one through setting up WEP encryption, an obviously insecure and defunct protocol.

Lastly, I don't see how that example addresses the issue of segregating the 802.11b/g traffic on the 2.4 GHz band and the 802.11n traffic on the 5 GHz band.

Thanks,

Vincent

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card