cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1220 - Factory reset w/no password

tdmg_tech
Level 1
Level 1

I have inherited a network running the 1220. Since I have no documentation from the previous admin and no passwords, I can't secure the network as long as this device is enabled. I have since disconnected it and would like to reconfigure from the ground up. I have followed the directions here http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_password_recovery09186a00800949d0.shtml

but they do not match nor can I find similar screens. I simply get to a "(Auto APply On) ^R, =, <enter>, or [Link Text]" screen. Entering brings me to a username and password which is useless.

How can I reset this box to factory defaults, passwords, etc.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

kecampbe
Level 1
Level 1

In the link that you mentioned, follow the instructions in the section labeled "Reset the Access Point - VxWorks Versions 11.07 and Newer"

In short:

1. reboot the AP (the :resetall command only works for the first couple of minutes after reboot)

2. from the console enter the command ":resetall"

3. answer "y"

When it reboots, it should be at factory defaults.

jveliss
Level 1
Level 1

I have exactly the same issue, how did you resolve this problem.

Regards,

John Veliss

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

I believe if you power off the AP, then press and hold the little button on the antenna end of the AP while powering up the AP ... continue to hold it for more than 20 seconds.

I'm not sure about the VxWorks-based units, but for an IOS-based 1200, it'll take it back to factory config.

Good Luck

Scott

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card