cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1850 Not Connecting to Internet after connecting via SSID

chris.bias
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Cisco AP 1850 that serves as our WLC and Access Point. Users are able to connect to any of the SSIDs but not able to get internet nor resources. Any thoughts?

10 Replies 10

Hi

They get ip address?  Did you check?

@Flavio Miranda  yes they do.

Good. And they can ping their gateway?

they can ping 8.8.8.8 ?

@Flavio Miranda  okay so they can't ping their gateway which doesn't make since if it is connecting to the WLC.

They should be able to ping the WLC dynamic interface or the interface vlan on the core.  But, I got, they have ip address which means, they are communicating with DHCP server and WLC.

@Flavio Mirandacorrect. They are using a sonicwall firewall system which to me is garbage but that is what we have to work with. It now sounds like this may boil down to a firewall issue then?

Yeah, can be man. The first suspicious would be client with no ip address, you can see that it has. Then, this means that it is communicating with DHCP and WLC.

Next steps would be looking out of the client/wlc parts.

@Flavio Miranda  because on the WLC I can ping 8.8.8.8

But you need to see through which interface the wlc ping.

What  you can do is on the layer 3 interface on the core for this clients, you can ping the 8.8.8.8 using source interface.

ping 8.8.8.8 source interface vlan !client'

I am assuming that you have one core switch  as Layer 3. If the firewall is the layer 3 then, this test maybe can not be done.

@Flavio Miranda   Okay so I have checked my WLC/WAP and all the settings are the same. It connects but no internet. I am not familiar with Sonicwall so it could be within that system.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card