Views
Helpful
Replies

AIRONET 1852i SSID CISCO AIR PROVISION DOESN'T APPEAR

Benoit.carroue
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I received yesterday a aironet 1852i. I just turn on the AP on POE but he SSID cisco air provision doesn't appear in my SSID list on mobile, PC or tablet. I can't configure the AP with the wizard setup. Have you a idea for resolving this problem ?

thanks a lot

4 Replies 4

jagan.chowdam
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Benoit,

Is this AP ordered with controller capability (Mobility Express) and SW1850-MECPWP-K9 Mobility Express Software Image?

CJ

Hi Jaganmohan,

thank you for your fast feedback. I have no controller, i just turn the AP with a box POE. After the config i will plug my AP on a cisco SG110 HP24 switch 

Thank you

Where did you purchase the AP from?  If from a partner or distributer, like what was mentioned from the other post, you need to know what firmware was ordered.  If you don't have that, then there is a change you bought an AP with a capwap AP image that requires a controller and will not have the AirProvision SSID.  That being said, you now would have to convert the AP, but to do that, you need support contract to download the software.  You need a console cable and look at the output from the console as that will show you what image is there.

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts *** 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thank you Scott for this information. I understand where is my problem. I contratc  the support contrat to download the soft and convert the AP.

Thank you for your contribution

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card