cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 3502i working fine - no console output

Wingnut2015
Level 1
Level 1

I have a number of Aironet 3502i WAP's and they all work fine. They get DHCP address from switch and allow clients, etc.

All bar one allow console connection and show output on boot and command entry etc. so I need to find out why one of them would not allow the console to work. I can telnet/ssh to it via IP address but cannot see anything on the console screen. Same cable, same settings in Putty and it does connect, there is just no output. Have tried different speeds in Putty but not the other settings.

Is there somewhere you can check the serial requirements or do you think it is just a connection gone faulty?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- Try cold start (power cycle) of the access point , and check if the problem is still in place, if so in these conditions then the console can be considered faulty , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- As a sanity check use your terminal equipment (with PuTTY) on another console connection and check if that can work ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks marce1000 but I can do that. Swap a different WAP in and no issue. It is only this single WAP which is causing the issue. I s'pose I can work around it but it is frustrating because if I want to make changes I need to plug it in inside (not in the shed where it lives) to do anything.
I should say this one is also the only one running in autonomous mode if that makes any difference.

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Did you try these settings:

• 9600 baud      
  • 8 data bits      
  • None parity      
  • 1 stop bit      
  • Xon/Xoff  Flow control .

• If xon/xoff flow control does not work, use no flow control.

If still not working then try another laptop!

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Thank you Sandeep, as I said to marce1000 the cable and console work on other WAP's. It is only this one.

I did try speeds and flow but left everything "standard" and, thinking about it, I have actually tried it on a different computer too.

- Try cold start (power cycle) of the access point , and check if the problem is still in place, if so in these conditions then the console can be considered faulty , 

M.

Thanks marce1000, can confirm there is no output even on cold boot so you have confirmed the console port as faulty. Very odd.

I might convert this one to lightweight and use a different one for the autonomous to bypass the issue.

Will accept your response as solution.

Thank you for your help

Cheers,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card