cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 3600 100% Tx/Rx utilisation - is that an issue?

zyontrific
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am working on some 3600 APs that are showing up 100% on Tx/Rx utilisation but not channel utilisation or large amount of clients so i wanted to know if that is an issue as we are experiencing a lot of people dropping connections on this APusing 802.11ac interface:

Rx Utilization 100%

Tx Utilization 100%

Channel Utilization 13%

Attached Client Count 3

Inventory Information
ModelAIR-CAP3602I-E-K9
IOS Version15.2(4)JB3$
AP TypeCAPWAP

Is there anyway of finding out who is sending all the traffic as we had only one device on the 802.11ac interface but he couldn't connect to wireless so wasn't actually sending any data yet it is at 100% - maybe there is a bug?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated,

Z....

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

With 3 connected clients, I don't think user traffic is the issue.  Anyway's, you can enable AVC on the WLAN and then on the client monitoring, you would be able to see the type of traffic and amount.  If its not a bug, then maybe look over your wlan configuration since people are dropping connection.  Run a debug on the client mac address and look for something out of the ordinary.

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott,

thanks for the quick response. Does turning on AVC cause any major effects to the service? The site is a touchy site at the moment having issues for a while. We are upgrading the WLC code as the version it is on is old and some other issues we have seems to be fixed with it so fingers crossed tonight.

Z.....

Not that I have seen.  Good code to use is v7.4.130.0 and v7.6.130.0.  If you have to use v8.0, then use v8.0.115.0.  Make sure you also have upgraded the FUS to v1.9.0.0 and read the release notes for that.  That upgrade takes around 35-45 minutes.

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott,

Thanks again for your response. After the upgrade to v7.6.130.0 (from v7.6.100.0) things look a lot better on the connectivity and dropped connections and the utilization looks better to.

Kind regards,

Z....

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card