cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 702i help

Myleslandish
Spotlight
Spotlight

I have a problem I’m hoping is possible to resolve without the CLI or any other configurations. I have an ASA5506W and I managed to really mess up its WLAN settings and it’s made it impossible for me to access the APs configuration GUI and I don’t have nor am I adept at all in its configuration. If I could regain access to its stock settings I would be able to set it up again but I can’t do that. I’m wondering if there’s a way to make the AP revert to its default configuration by removing it or the cmos battery from the ASA. Anything like this that’s possible please let me know. I’m trying to avoid having to buy a patch cable and learning to connect and configure the device via the com port/putty/etc. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanku

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Note that this device is very old and EOL https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/asa-5500-series-next-generation-firewalls/eos-eol-notice-c51-741286.html

>...revert to its default configuration by removing it or the cmos battery from the ASA.
                                   Does it for instance have a reset button somewhere ?

- You may also find this info useful : https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/28699583/Cisco-ASA5506w-x-first-time-setup.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I don’t understand. I’m aware the device is out of date. Nonetheless, I own one and was hoping to find out some way of resetting the wlan ap. The reset button doesn’t affect the ap. I wish it did. If you have something else please indulge me. 

- I have never used such a device myself , so I can't offer any specialized knowledge on it  , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Also never worked on this product myself but the documentation at https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/quick_start/5506X/5506x-quick-start.html#id_66976 says:

Note 

If you are unable to reach the access point, and the ASA has the default configuration and other networking issues are not found, then you may want to restore the access point default configuration. You must access the ASA CLI (connect to the ASA console port, or configure Telnet or SSH access using ASDM). From the ASA CLI, enter hw-module module wlan recover configuration . If you need to troubleshoot the access point further, connect to the access point CLI using the session wlan console command.

Have you tried that?
If you have then copy/paste exactly what you got when you tried it?

I have and I’ve tried every possible variation I can think of with those two commands in particular but with the hw-module modules wlan recover configuration command it basically asks me if I’m sure that’s what I’m wanting to do and if so then [cofirm] but not a single word or command will confirm it.  I’ve tried all variants of adding noconfirm. And with the session wlan console command it basically starts the process or seems to then in the same response back after sending the command it says the session was terminated. It doesn’t give a reason for it. I did see u wanted me to copy and past exactly what it says and I will. But I’m about to fall asleep; my eyes are crossing trying to finish this response. I was glad to see a person who chose to act like a person not self deifying their “greatness” and skill while offering nothing more than their own idea in how great they believe themselves to be. I just don’t get people now. Just because they’re behind a computer screen in their home they feel that’s a free pass to be outright rude and sarcastic. I’m so tired of this place. Sorry I’m tired. I’ll post the complete commands and resources tomorrow. Thank You, truely. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card