cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Android clients connecting but no data flow

ticketek1
Level 1
Level 1

We have a controlled setup comprising of a 4402 WLC in our Data Centre and 1242AG LWAPs in our branches.

The Wireless works well with a mixture of locally switched (h-reap) and centrally switched WLANs.

I have a problem where Android devices don't seem to function as they should.

I have been using an Android phone (HTC Desire, currently running 2.3.4 OS, but has been a persistant issue since 2.1) and it connects to my home wireless (and others) fine, but when connecting to the Wireless LAN at the office, it connects fine and gets assigned an IP address, but NO data flows. None, like there is no connection at all. I have just been using it on 3G. I figured it might have just been an issue with the hardware, so didn't bother too much.

I have just purchase a new tablet (ASUS Transformer, Currently running 3.1 OS) and this does the same thing.

I have tried publishing a new WLAN and have tried all types of encryption and authentication al the way down to open and still, no data flow. I have tried statically setting the IP details and still nothing.

Interestingly, When I attended the last Cisco Live conference in Melbourne this year, I had my phone and it displayed the same behaviour on the Cisco supplied wireless, BUT, there was a second IPv6 enabled, when connected to that everything worked fine.

Is there anything anyone can suggest that may help with this issue? Is there any further information you may need? I am happy to help you to help me.

2 Replies 2

ticketek1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Not sure if it will help, but I have some more information.

I have done some more testing and it appears that the devices work fine on locally switched WLANs, but anything tunneling to the control just doesn't work.

Not sure if that will help anyone.

Thanks

Hello...

I have the same problem...

I created a WiFi called company_mobile (settings see at the bottom of the thread) for all our company Samsung Galaxy S2 devices with Android 2.3.5 and it works perfect.

Everytime when I come back to office from outside (from 3G - TMobile) I get again an IP Adress from Internal DHCP Server. But no dataflow works (also ping from and to this device doesn't work). After waiting about 20 minutes without any interaction on the device everything work (the device is able to ping, internet works again, mail sync internal works again perfect) the whole day. Also internal WiFi roaming on controller works fine.

1. Next Day back in Office the game starts again.
  2. Switch from 3G to my company_mobile WiFi (no dataflow for 15 - 20 minutes)
  3. Without any interaction everything works fine the whole day

At my home WiFi or any other WiFi's it also works perfect (without waiting for 20 minutes).

Any Ideas?? Is there any wrong configuration at my Cisco WLC?

Is there any caching active??

Following Settings:

Cisco WLC 5508

FW: 7.0.98.0

50 Access Points in different locations over Europe: Cisco AIR-LAP1142N-E-K9 

WLAN Settings:

WPA2 (AES) PSK

Radio Policy ALL

Interface Management

Pleas help me ....

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card