Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Android devices disconnecting all the time

Everythnig worked fine in our Wi-Fi until the WLC (8500 with 8.0.133.0) was updated and moved to another physical location (another country). Since then, Android devices (quite old 2.3 Androids and some newer Android 4) are often disconnected (must reconnect manually). Other devices (e.g. Ipads and IPhones) do not experience those disconnections.

No other changes in our WLAN (good coverage, "clean air", same 1532 series APs, etc.). Data switching and authentication (WPA2-PSK) is local so I don't know what influence (if any) could have the larger round trip time.

Please help me interpret these client logs (attached):

* I suspect that logs starting with

*apfReceiveTask: Mar 29 10:26:25.615: 00:7e:e7:00:11:22 apfHreapClientCreate (apf_80211.c:13708) Changing state for mobile 00:7e:e7:00:11:22 on AP 20:37:45:06:ff:dd from Associated to Associated

... followed by successful DHCP assignment, correspond to manual reconnections but, what does it mean to move from Associated to Associated state? Is it that, for the WLC, the STA has not been disconnected? Consecutive logs of this type are often on different (neighboring) APs

* Less often I see mobile deletions starting with:

*spamApTask4: Mar 29 20:34:16.823: 00:7e:e7:00:11:22 Received DELETE mobile, reason MN_REASSOC_TIMEOUT, from AP 20:37:45:06:ff:dd, slot 0 ...cleaning up mscb

... followed by a change of State from Associated to Idle. I guess this happens when a tablet with that problem was not manually re-connected for a while. Is it?

Also, I see a lot of lines like:

*spamApTask6: Mar 29 15:29:27.262: apfQueueAllDot11CacheEntries not found corresponding ACL for the clientFlexAclID for client 00:f0:94:ae:33:35

For many different STAs. Should I care?

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2

rezende.c
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Faramir,

Did you solve this issue? I have similar problem.

I tried a lot of thinks like, user idle timeou, sleep client, increase eappol tiemout, etc..

Nothing work for Android 5.0 or later devices.

Regards,

Claudio Rezende

Did you solve this issue?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card