cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone ever get Windows 2000 Computer Policies to apply over Cisco WLAN?

0r8it
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I hope someone can help- just wondering if anyone has ever got this working or if its just me thats having a problem.

My environment is: Windows 2000 clients with internal Aironet 350 Mini PCI, 1200 model access points, ACS, and Windows Server 2000. LEAP is used for authentication, mutually authenticating and using the ACS as RADIUS and AAA.

Everything works perfectly, except for Server 2000 Computer policies, specifically Software Installation.

All is fine with the policy- if I plug one of the laptops into the switch directly then off it goes, policy works no bother.

However, it never works oveer the wireless link. All the User policies apply, but strangely not the Computer ones.

Anyone have any ideas? It may well be an MS problem- not specifically Cisco related, I know, but does anyone have this working?

Thanks,

0r8it

2 Replies 2

kecampbe
Level 1
Level 1

A couple of things you might test:

--> Try configuring your LEAP profile to use a saved username and password to see if you get different results. If you are already using this method, test with one of the other methods for LEAP login.

--> Try testing with some different versions of the ACU Install Wizard. In my opinion, the best versions to test with are Install Wizard 1.5 (the most recent release) and 1.1.

Kent.

Cheers Kent, I will do. Thanks for your reply.

0r8it

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card