cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 1550 memory size

nikhilcherian
Level 5
Level 5

I see in the release notes that "From Release 8.4, Cisco 1550 APs with 64-MB memory are not supported."

How can I check the memory size of the AP

Regards

Nikhil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is the best way to really know. You can try to look at the AP data sheet. Not many have v1, v2 and has specs increase.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The CLI you can run various commands like show flash, show mem and even when you boot up the AP, you should see the hardware from console.
-Scott

marce1000
VIP
VIP

AP #  show mesh ap summary

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Agree to both of you.. I can get the details with the command "show ap config general <ap-name>". I would like to know if this is the only method or with AP versions are there ( AP version 1 or AP version 2) which can help me to get this info

Regards

Nikhil

That is the best way to really know. You can try to look at the AP data sheet. Not many have v1, v2 and has specs increase.
-Scott

jamesbos96602
Level 1
Level 1

image it self is less then 64 meg i beleave was around 30, it has lot stuff in it dosent need, dhcp server,  http server, https server ftp server, the controler has one meens talk to it and upgrade it wich inclueds none these also u cant make changes to config file, if u try to chang config changes save to running config but u cant save it to start up config, not impossable get around but why,  the controler sends it how run all the config data this data lost once loses connetion to controler if was save to system each of these would still be able get around the controler and stay working wile a fix is going on,   these systems at the cost u sold them for , but there far better systems on market that so much cheaper to set up and run , one as example runs over wifi 600mbs it can run over 60 ssids   to configer it is simple cost to set up 40,00  to get that kind speed to put this in way u all understand 5g cell phones runs at 1mps  mmmmmmm  now i not clock wifi but well under 600 and not many wifi do this , also there wifi they put out on polls i have two of them i dont use them do to amout power they put out at over 20 watts each cost 80.00 set up time well guss depends on person i have set up in less 40 mins,     here my point 1 under usa law people have right to sefl repair any device and law states that maker must supply needed tools information and or software do it,   but i take this step firther why some software unlock for anyone down load and yeat same device same year put out like image is lock out,    now cisco would not make more sence to say ok if u want these older files, 1) cisco wont help in install or other,  cisco provide the file at x amout dollors say 50,00 and supply links to get software install right   and by way with out my help your cisco wism2 card would still not be working two days i work with your people to get it fix  two days of my time but cisco did agree give me updates that came out of it so 4 updates i got,

you all have securty probems across all your wifi gear and i stated to you i know how fix it, u just need code the fix , but what i want i return u wont give me , what more imported one person wanting something small or repairing your software,  you chose,  but i do know for fack that image will fit on 35 meg card i also know for fack u store two images on it, i done it, but i have not replace the older image with newer one , and by way the new image i got was unlock any one down load it ,   why not work with the people to get your software fix,  in return u give them said software with support only to point to make sure working as should , cisco should not have spend day or two to code a swich  

Jamesbos,

Please organize your rant into proper English and sentence/paragraph structure before posting.  It is very difficult to read and understand what you want to express.

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card