Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 1562 Autonomous Mode

scottb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I'm very new to this, so please be gentle! I have a 1562 outdoor AP that i need to place into autonomous mode to allow us to configure. I have set up several other AP's (different models) and to get to autonomous mode, you press and hold the "mode" button whilst inserting the PoE. Hold the "mode" for 20 seconds and release. As the 1562 is an outdoor AP, there are no buttons that i am able to see. Any/all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

12 Replies 12

Hello @scottb

This procedure wont works on this AP. 

One question: Does this AP was connected to a Wireless Lan Controller before? 

If you are not sure, the best way to identify AP type is connecting to it using a console cable and issue show verion:

If you see -k9w7-AP is already  Autonomous

if you see -rcvk9w8- AP is CAPWAP.

To convert AP to Autonomous, considering the AP is in CAPWAP mode today, you need a proper image for this AP model and then execute some steps.

You need to have a TFTP server available, console connection to the AP, network connection to the AP and the proper image.

Here on this link, you get all the information you need to successfully convert from CAPWAP to Autonomous.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/wireless-mobility-documents/lwapp-to-autonomous-conversion-and-vice-versa-on-access-points/ta-p/3121542

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Hi Flavio,

Thanks for replying. I'm not sure how to run the show version command as the AP is continually showing "waiting for uplink IPV4/IPV6 config".

Thanks!

Are you trying to get this via network?  I could see some 'duplicate' on the screen, it is duplicate ip address ?

Can you access it via console?

It's a local connection. I have set my laptop to 192.168.1.66, and yes, i can see it on the console. I have rebooted the unit and stopped auto boot. Attached is what i can currently see:

To issue show version you need to be on enable mode. Type enable on the AP prompt.

Try to take a better pic, it is always missing some parts. 

Here you go...

Looks like you have a faulty AP. This prompt is not good.

You should something like that: ap# and not  u-boot>.

Count you type ? on this prompt just to see which option we have there?

Hi Flavio,

I can type "help" and it shows me a list of commands that i recognise, such as BOOTP, etc.

List the option it shows please.

There are dozens. Here's a screenshot of A-C

You need to recovery the AP. 

You can try issue dir flash: if available and see which image you have on it.

Then you can issue boot "image on the flash" and press enter to see if AP is able to boot the image again. 

If not, you may need to replace the image. 

Try yo get some help here and here

This is a not so funny process but can be done.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Vengatesa Prasath
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AP1562 is Mobility Express capable. There is no autonomous image for this AP1560 model . 

You can try Capwap to mobility express conversion: 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-3/b_Cisco_Mobility_Express_Deployment_Guide/b_Cisco_Mobility_Express_Deployment_Guide_chapter_010.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card