cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 2802 i not broadcasting

ibrahimfahd
Level 1
Level 1

We have controller 5520 , working fine, recently we bought ap 2802 i; its working well , get ip from our dhcp for wifi, but the AP is not broadcasting 

31 Replies 31

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SSID disabled? 

AP Radios disabled? 

AP in the wrong AP Group?

Is TKIP enable?

blbribeiro
Level 1
Level 1
Someone knows how to solve this problem?

how you configure dthe WLAN ?

you should not use TKIP !!!

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

My WLAN is set to use with Enterprise auth, using radius server and account server. But for some reason my SSID is not broadcast.

d.friday
Level 4
Level 4

Can you log into CLI

if so can you please run  show wlan "number"      

so for WLAN 1    you need to type in   show wlan 1

What version of code are you running?

Seems everything ok.

Is like a bug on AP2802i that not showing the SSID. If a setup a new SSID with everything OPEN, don't show as well.

The version is AIR-AP2800-K9-ME-8-7-102-0.tar the last version from CISCO website.

Your AP is Mobility Express the OP has a 5520 controller which is different. Test with an open SSID and if it works then thenissue is that your enterprise auth is failing and maybe you have client exclusion enabled which will do exactly what you are seeing. Multiple failed attempts will exclude the device from connecting. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thank you Scott for answered me. I have already tried do that, but for some reason I can't see any SSID, this is strange because the model is AIR-AP2802I-E-K9C, with internal antenna. What do you think can be?
-Bruno Ribeiro
Thanks

Without seeing a config or anything, might just be a bad AP.
-Scott

I was thinking that could be this, but I have bought 3 brand news AP from CISCO. Never opens, then I tried with 2 and is the same. So, maybe is something else.

It is something else. Have you followed the Mobility Express guide?
-Scott

Yes, I did.
-And if I reset factory that in theory I'm able to setup using the SSID "CiscoAirProvision", also I can't because don't show for me the SSID in laptop/mobile/Cisco APP.

Then you should manual setup the AP not using the SSID. The guide has both ways.
-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card