Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 2802 is not broadcasting as it should

mike_morales
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a couple of APs 2802i, I'm using them to do a Site Survey APoS, both are configured exactly the same, as well they have the same version, the problem is that one of them is broadcasting with much lower power than the other (both are configured with the same power level and the same channels).

Do you know if there is something I can do to fix it or does it need to be replaced?

Thanks in advance,

Miguel 

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since the ap is ME, and you have verified the tx power and channel, I don't see what else you can do since the configuration is identical to each other.  Unless something was missed, I don't see a way to remediate.  Maybe factory reset the bad ap and reconfigure it and see.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks, I guess it is something related to HW, but I wanted to ask about it, just in case.

Its always good to ask just to see what others say.  On the forums, its hard at times to really understand what might be happening when you are not in front of the equipment and thus at times it may take a while to get the correct answer or recommendation.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

saravlak
Spotlight
Spotlight

are both radios impacted. can you paste datarate/channel/power detail on both APs.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card