cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 340 & wireless IP Phones

rbarroso
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we have a Cisco Access Point 340 (AIR-AP342E2C)connect to our LAN, in this LAN have a Cisco 2500 Gatekeeper.

To the access point we have two Wireless IP Phones (Symbol).

The problen next:

The phones can access to the gatekeeper and they register in it. But when place a call, the Wireless IP Phones logout of the Gatekeeper.

Any parameter in the Access Point for this in particular.?

Regards.,

5 Replies 5

kbeltz
Level 1
Level 1

The AP and wireless aspects of the phone are layer 2, and have nothing to do with gatekeeper interaction. My best guess is a gatekeeper configuration issue or bug on the gatekeeper side. Never seen that behavior though, I would run it by Cisco and see if they are aware of anything. Anyone else out there run into this?

tbarberj
Level 1
Level 1

I work for Symbol on the Netvision phone. Aironet configs to pay attention to include:

Set DTIM rate to 10 (default = 2)

Disable AiroNet Extensions (default = ON)

Use of Data Encryption by Stations’ to either “Full” or “No Encryption”. “Optional” does not work

Set to optimize for “range”, when enabling more than one rate rather than optimize for data rate (default = optimize for data rate) Avoid 11Mb ONLY configurations. Let the AP scale the rate so it is not all or nothing communications at 11Mb

Set preamble to long.

If you have any other questions, please email me at barbert@symbol.com

/tom

rnedwich
Level 1
Level 1

Try changing your AP settings:

Long Preamble (AP Radio Advanced screen)

Enable non-Aironet extensions (Express Setup screen)

Optimize for Range (Express Setup screen)

Okay, we made all this change on our Cisco APs and installed the new Firmware Image 11.10T. But we have still problems with the Symbol phones.

Really unexpected behaviour was shown by the phones. for example: the phone worked well during the day and suddenly you hear a beep form the phone. Than an the display: no network -> out of svc -> logging -> out of svc and so on. We used the 3.50-32 release, changing now to 3.50-37. Next week some experts from Symbol will be onside with me at the Customer. so next week I can tell more about Cisco AP340 and Symbal DS Phones. Hopefully our customer will not through out the Phones till then.

mrost
Level 1
Level 1

Please take a look at SpectraLink NetLink IP Wireless IP phones. We have references sites that use the 340/350 APs. Please email me with any questions.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card