Views
Helpful
Replies

AP connected to WLC

gservicios
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

We have several WLC and AP's on one of our clients. 

There is a way to know in which WLC is connected the AP? knowing that we havent activated the option to access the AP, so it i sonly managed by the WLC.

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

If you do not have NCS or Prime to manage the Wireless Network, I think you would have to access each WLC and in the Wireless TAB --- > Filter, put the name of the AP you are looking for. It is a manual and tedious process.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello

As per my understanding you are looking for the help to find the WLCs which is connected to APs voice versa if i am not wrong.

To verify the controller from the AP side you can get into the console of AP ans type "Show Controller" command you can find out which WLC is connected.

To verify the AP which is connected to the Controller then get in to the WLC Console and type "show ap summary" it will show you the summary of APs that have joined the expected WLC.

In Simple way you can check by login to WEB GUI and under wireless tab you can see all the clients that are associated.

If you want to know more CLI mode commands and its descriptions you can refer the below link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/4400-series-wireless-lan-controllers/112064-wlc-commands.html

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

If you do not have NCS or Prime to manage the Wireless Network, I think you would have to access each WLC and in the Wireless TAB --- > Filter, put the name of the AP you are looking for. It is a manual and tedious process.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card