cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP doesn't forward the network traffic and dropping internet connection with no connection to local resources

amralrazzaz
Level 5
Level 5

hi all 

i have problem with my AP . im using linsys wap300n connecting to cisco switch 2960 POE 24 port

the internet connection always dropped also AP not forwarding the traffic so i cant also access local resources or ping to any device 

the issue getting solved by resetting the device and reconfigure again with changing the switch port but after matter of time the issue comes back again

so the problem is from the brand of the AP and if i use one from the following AP brands my problem gonna be fixed and internet connection will be stable ?

Aironet 1830 Series

Aironet 1815 Series

Aironet 1850 Series

Aironet 2800 Series

Aironet 3800 Series

what do u recommend for me ?

my company users number around 40 and less than 

amr alrazzaz
18 Replies 18

Yes it's the same as routers and switches.
You need a SmartNet contract for software updates.
Warranty is life-long (meaning 10 years on the hardware) in many countries, but you have to check this with your local Cisco reseller.
I never used an 18xx model, only the 2x00 and 3x00 ones. Those models are very high quality and failing very rarely.

thanks for the advice and its very helpful , can i ask u to help me for selecting a good and heavy duty AP for my office ?

which AIRONET AP should i buy with suitable price and not too much expensive but also high quality and rarely becomes down like AP that i used i always restart or reset and reconfigure the device for fixing the dropping network traffic for some time and back again to same issue 

i have another issue ?? should i have to use these APs with WLC ? becuase i need only AP working alone ?

aironet 1815-1830-1850 ???should need WLC  for working ? also 3800 and 2800??

thanks a lot

amr alrazzaz

i have quotation price for 1832 and 1815 ? can u please check the price ? and which one is better to go with ? 

should i use WLC  device to operate these APs? i dont like to use WLC for now so the AP will work normally correct ?

whats the difference between AIR-AP1832I-I-K9C and AIR-AP1832I-I-K9 ? ihave 2 quote one with c and one without ? so whats the difference and which one is better ?

amr alrazzaz

I replied to your same query on your other post.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card