Helpful
Replies

AP limit in ap group

mlieber
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a question about AP group.

Is there a limit of APs participate in AP groups?

thanbks

Martin

7 Replies 7

dmantill
Level 4
Level 4

I guess the limit is the ammount of APs that you have on your WLC.

This list shows the maximum number of AP groups that you can configure       on a WLC:

• A maximum of 50 access point groups for the Cisco 2100 Series           Controller and controller network modules

• A maximum of 300 access point groups for the Cisco 4400 Series           Controllers, Cisco WiSM, and Cisco 3750G Wireless LAN Controller           Switch

• A maximum of 500 access point groups for Cisco 5500 Series           Controllers

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008073c723.shtml

Hi,

thanks for the answer.

I 've heard that there is a limit of 25 access point but I didN't have found any document about this.

I know that there is a limit of 25 APs in H-REAP but an AP count limit in AP groups is also new for me.

regards

Martin

Well unfortunately I dont have that info, or even that ammount of APs for testing it...

Why dont you contact TAC and let us know more about it?

I 've heard that there is a limit of 25 access point but I didN't have found any document about this.

I think you may have misunderstood.  The value of "25" is the the rule-of-thumb Cisco recommends the maximum number of clients per AP.

Martin is correct. The reference of 25 APs for a Group is only regarding HREAP Groups.

An "AP Group" is really just a WLAN/Interface template. There is no special communication between APs in the same AP Group, as such there is no limitation on how many can be in a group.

For example, with a fully licensed 5508 with 500 APs, by default the APs are all in the Default-Group (which is an AP group like any other). If you wanted to make a new AP group called "Group1", you could put all 500 APs in that group and nothing should stop you....

Weterry

Thanks for clearing out this topic.

nice post.

great

many thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card