Views
Helpful
Replies

AP manager and Management interface subnet

mahesh18
Level 6
Level 6

Hi everyone,

I am trying to setup Wi Fi for client for time.

I am setting up Management subnet for WLC GUI say 10.10.10.x

Need to know interface for AP-Manager has to be on same subnet as 10.10.10.x?

Also for Management IP to WAP it has to be on same subnet as WLC Management interface right?

Regards

Mahesh

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

What WLC model you using ? if it is 4400,2100  series, yes then you need to put AP manager interface on the same subnet as WLC management.

If it is 5508/2504 series then you do not want AP manager interface. Simply WLC management would do 

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

View solution in original post

Yes as Rasika said if you are using 5508/2504 series WLCs then you do not required the AP manager interface. Please note that An AP manger can only handle 45 ap each.

Please refer the below link for configuration steps.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-4/configuration/guides/consolidated/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED_chapter_011100.html

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

What WLC model you using ? if it is 4400,2100  series, yes then you need to put AP manager interface on the same subnet as WLC management.

If it is 5508/2504 series then you do not want AP manager interface. Simply WLC management would do 

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Hi Rasika,

I am using wlc 4402.

Regards

MAhesh

Mahesh, 

Stop wasting on WLC4400.  Read this:  Cisco Mobility Express Bundle

Promo ends 30 June 2015.  Act quickly.

I agree with Leo here:) get the bundle and get a newer model WLC. I'm surprised that the 440x is still working well. The issue is the limited code version that you can get on that model and access point support. Newer clients might have stability issues because how old the code is on the WLC. Standards and enhancement are implemented in the code and this is the same for client end devices. Clients with newer NIC's or NIC's with newer drivers might have issues.  Good luck though... Nice to see that a 440x is still functioning. I have one in my lab, but not constantly powered up.

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott, 

I've got 6 WiSM-1.  You want to buy them for your museum?  ;)

Yes as Rasika said if you are using 5508/2504 series WLCs then you do not required the AP manager interface. Please note that An AP manger can only handle 45 ap each.

Please refer the below link for configuration steps.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-4/configuration/guides/consolidated/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED_chapter_011100.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card