Views
Helpful
Replies

AP name display wrong

Jian Zheng
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I hava a WLC5508 with many OE602I APs,I find when i open the link MONITOR>Statistics>AP Join,the "AP Name" is not correct with the real ap's name,for example,the correct ap's name is AP028-617,but it display ap name is "AP028-617B9.0870[Ethernat MAC ec:c8:82:b9:08:70]",actually the name form is ap name+Ethernat MAC,

so i want to know,how does i do can correct the ap's real name thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you tried to clear the stats?  

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you tried to clear the stats?  

-Scott

-Scott

Hi Scott,

Yes,i did.But the name always display ap name+mac,so i don't how to correct it.

Might be a bug with the code your running. Have seen that before, but don't recall what code. 

-Scott

-Scott

the current WLC5508 version is 7.4.121.0,the version before upgrading is 7.2.103.0,it never happen when wlc5508 run the old version.

That might be the version. I can see if I have any clients still on that code, but v7.4.130.0 has fixed for issues on the code your running. 

-Scott

-Scott

But the fact is not as you said,i capture a image,please check it.

That is most likely a cosmetic bug. You must be running a TAC version of 7.4, so you would need to upgrade if you want that fixed. Nothing you can change on the WLC will fix that. You can always open a TAC case and have them tell you what code to upgrade to. 

-Scott

-Scott

Ok,thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card