Views
Helpful
Replies

AP radio reset cause = reset on transmit completion

wireless wlc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am getting many radio resets on 1252AG access point on Wism1. The warning in WLC shows as :

AP's Interface:0(802.11b) Operation State Up: Base Radio MAC:c4:71:fe:5c:xxxx Cause=Reset on transmit completion. Status:NA

cause = reset on transmit completion

Can anybody help me with the reason for tranmit completion reset ? I have fixed RRM to freeze and still same result.

regards

Joe

7 Replies 7

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Joe,

What is the code version on your controller?

I guess this is due changing the transmit power of the radio due TPC algorithm.

How often does this message appear?

You set the TPC configuration to Freez and this still happens? If so I would say it could possibly a tiny bug or you have the logging level is too high. What is the buffered logging level that is being used? If you have ERRORS logging level and this is still appearing with no known reason I think that is not normal.

Do you have RLDP enabled?

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Hi Amjad ,

WLC 7.0.235.  RLDP is disabled. i had set only DCA to freeze. this message appear for some AP's almost everyday. there are too many clients on these AP's. Will the AP radio reset if the client threshold is exceeded  ? Logging levels are informational.

regards

joe

Try freeze TPC as the message seem to be related to power change, not channel change.
I think with logging level "Errors" you will not see this message.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

hi Amjad,

I tried TPC "on demand" , but still getting same messages. logging level is "errors".  Now i am also getting the below messages :

Wed Jan 9 05:21:24 2013          AP's Interface:0(802.11b) Operation State Up: Base Radio MAC:c4:71:fe:xxxx Cause=Indicates that while the radio state should be updated on controller, no reset should be reported. Status:NA

Wed Jan 9 02:32:52 2013          AP's Interface:1(802.11a) Operation State Up: Base Radio MAC:64:00:f1:86:xxx Cause=Radio reset due to Init. Status:NA

Wed Jan 9 02:31:54 2013          AP's Interface:1(802.11a) Operation State Down: Base Radio MAC:64:00:f1:86xxxx Cause=Heartbeat Timeout Status:NA

any idea whay these messages ? I dont see any AP disassociations, but only the radio is flapping it seems.  Also why would the radio go down due to a heartbeat timeout ? if there is heartbeat timeout, the AP should go down  ?

regards

Joe

Anybody has seen these alerts and know what might be the problem ?

regards

Joe

I know it is an old thread but I'm facing the same problems.

Did you find a solution for this?

Thanks,

Hi Buong, Please create new thread and post the complete problem with logs. Regards
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card