cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP Software being upgraded, please try again later.

endpoint
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading WLC to version 7.2.111.3 needed to update webauth certificate on the controller. The cert upload is unsuccessfully with error message shows that AP software being upgraded, pls try again later.

Tried to reboot WLC from CLI or GUI with no success.

Anyone experience the same issue and what would be work around?

Thanks

9 Replies 9

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I had that issue with another code version so I left it for a couple hours and tried it again. I still got the error because I was upgrading and it failed in the middle. So after a few hours, I just unplugged the power and powered the WLC back up and performed the upgrade again.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

The code upgrade went OK, all APs have correct code version just the WLC reporting that cannot reboot.

I have two WLCs - one is close to me another 2hrs plain flight away. I rebooted the frist one ok and now have no error message but wonderign about the other one.

I know this is a bit late - but might be useful for someone else.

I had the same issue. I rebooted all the access points. No luck

However   after using the "reset system forced" It came back and upgraded the access points normally.

Hello Martin, yes some of the TAC engineer are aware of this command some of them not. This command is a bit mysterious to me as it cannot be found in the official Cisco command reference book.  Anyhow good to know this command exists and it can be used for example when "ap predownload image all" hangs and cannot be completed for some reason.  My reference TAC case 629991017 : not able to remotely reset system after IOS code upgrade. Thank you

I found it was related to a bug id # SCuh25790

See link http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn74mr01.html

Thanks Martin, the forced option allowed me to bounce the WLC. I had the same issue as the title of the OP.

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are none of the AP joined to 7.2 or APs bouncing back and fourth or false positive.

unplug the power, boot with secondary image, update cert, code.

Karel Navratil
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar issue. For me helped moving all the access points to a different controller and then "reset system" worked.

Regards

Karel

hmhk13
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have one solution. If you are using WISM2 or module base controller (not standalone controller) you can go to chasis and shut down the power to the WLC modul by using "no power module xx" to power off the WLC and then type "power module xx" to power up the WLC.

:)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card