cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP software

skelley5000
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded my controller and pre-downloaded the image to all of the AP's for a later reboot. When I try to reboot the controller I get the following message.

AP software being upgraded, please try again later

All AP's show the image has been pre-downloaded

I need some suggestions on how to reboot the Controller, with out actually powering the Controller off and back on

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can check, using CLI, if all of your APs have complete pre-downloading using the command "sh ap image all".  On the first page, make sure the "Total Number of APs" value is correct and the next five lines below this is "0".  If not, you should see (in the next subsequent pages) which APs haven't finished the predownloading.  

In the meantime, enter this command "reset system FORCED" to force the controller to reboot.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can check, using CLI, if all of your APs have complete pre-downloading using the command "sh ap image all".  On the first page, make sure the "Total Number of APs" value is correct and the next five lines below this is "0".  If not, you should see (in the next subsequent pages) which APs haven't finished the predownloading.  

In the meantime, enter this command "reset system FORCED" to force the controller to reboot.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card