Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP type for Location service (RTLS)

Hi everyone.

Сan I use different AP models and antennas  for the location service (RTLS)? 

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Alexey Kurchenko wrote:

Now the customer in the office has AIR-CAP3602E  with AIR-ANT2544V4M-R antennas. I want to add some more AIR-AP2802I for RTLS. Is that allowed?

It doesn't matter what kind of antennas and/or APs going to be used.  The most important thing with RTLS is whether or not a wireless site planning was made or not.  

RTLS require a minimum of three (3) APs to triangulate a wireless client or badge.  First AP, for example, needs to have a minimum RSSI of -68 dBm and second and third AP have -72 dBm RSSI.  If the APs are in the wrong position and/or isn't able to provide adequate coverage then RTLS will not work.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Depends on the RTLS requirement(s) and where the APs are located.

Now the customer in the office has AIR-CAP3602E  with AIR-ANT2544V4M-R antennas. I want to add some more AIR-AP2802I for RTLS. Is that allowed?

@Alexey Kurchenko wrote:

It doesn't matter what kind of antennas and/or APs going to be used.  The most important thing with RTLS is whether or not a wireless site planning was made or not.  

RTLS require a minimum of three (3) APs to triangulate a wireless client or badge.  First AP, for example, needs to have a minimum RSSI of -68 dBm and second and third AP have -72 dBm RSSI.  If the APs are in the wrong position and/or isn't able to provide adequate coverage then RTLS will not work.

Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card